RMP 167 - Respect The Energetics: An Indigenous Understanding of Gender with Chief Phillip Scott
“You cannot hold your wife’s pain anymore than she can hold yours, but rather we witness, we support, we listen” – Chief Phillip Scott.
Unhealthy paradigms surrounding masculinity and femininity reign supreme in today’s popular culture. In the quest to bring egalitarian principles to the world, we asked a seasoned elder for his perspective. We talk about achieving right relations among all people, honoring the Earth, and remaining grounded in the midst of pain.
- What does it mean to be in right relationship with the feminine?
- Why is the Earth considered feminine?
- How to create egalitarian relations between all genders and identities.
- Why invoking the ancestors is a powerful transformational aid.
- “A mentor is not a screen for your projections, but a mirror for your reflections” – Chief Phillip Scott
- Are you able to sit in discomfort without having to immediately fix it?
- Is grief avoidable?
- Do matriarchy and patriarchy imply a hierarchy?
- Who is White Buffalo Calf Woman and what is her importance?
- Indigenous perspectives on Two Spirits, non-binary folks, and transitioning to other genders.
- Why women on their moon-time are often asked to refrain from participating in lodges and ceremonies.
- “It’s the grandmothers who are calling the shots” – Chief Phillip Scott
Connect with Chief Phillip Scott:
Most effective way to reach him is by cell – # (415) 310-0981 – Call or text for info on ceremonies, pilgrimages, and rites of passages
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rising Man Links:
Instagram | @risingmanmovement
Instagram | @jeddyazuma
Facebook Group | The Rising Man