RMP 150 - Passion Sparks, But Habits Sustain with Johnny Elsasser
Motivation and passion can give you a jumpstart, but they are fleeting. As a men’s work leader, podcast host, and former US Army Ranger, Johnny Elsasser helps men build practices to SUSTAIN excellence. In the 150th episode of the Rising Man Podcast, we hit the major issues plaguing men today – emotional suppression, limiting beliefs, and avoidant behavior. We also talk about why looking inside can be terrifying, how to overcome societal expectations, and why living from a higher purpose is critical.
- What is the difference between reacting and responding to adversity?
- Why owning your emotions is superior to suppressing
- What parts of masculinity did Johnny find the most difficult to embody?
- Are you avoiding vulnerability with other men?
- Johnny’s experience transitioning from a high school class clown to a US Army Special Forces Ranger to men’s work leader
- What the military taught Johnny about teamwork, unity, and brotherhood
- Why the way you show up has consequences and implications for others
- Are you connected to a sense of higher purpose?
- Who do you become when you don’t have complete control over your surroundings?
- Do you have a limiting belief around who you can become based on what your parents did?
- Fear is a powerful motivator, but is that healthy?
- Start practicing the traits you’d like to fully embody
- Why looking inside is terrifying for men
- The importance of forging your own vision of yourself, rather than what family/society expects from you
- Passion and motivation will fizzle out, that’s why you need habits to sustain
- Why you can’t outrun yourself
Connect with Johnny Elsasser:
Podcast | The Art of Masculinity
Instagram | @johnny.elsasser
Website | johnnyelasser.com
Facebook | The Art of Masculinity
Rising Man Links:
Instagram | @risingmanmovement
Instagram | @jeddyazuma
Facebook Group | The Rising Man