RMP 139 - Soothe Your Restless Soul with Kevin Sweeney
Feeling restless is simply your soul saying YOU ARE MEANT FOR MORE. This cosmic call means you have untapped potential, and is a nudge to connect to a higher purpose. Kevin Sweeney knows this restless feeling well, as his initiation into manhood led him into deep darkness and despair. After a series of transcendental experiences, he implemented massive changes in his life. Now, he’s the pastor at the Imagine Church in Hawaii, and provides men and women with a loving, healing community.
- Why a man sees responsibility as an opportunity to enhance freedom
- Are your challenges in the way or on the way?
- Why we feel restless when we aren’t living our purpose
- What principles Kevin has built his church around
- Why being present is more difficult than doing
- Why Kevin’s podcast is named “The Church Needs Therapy”
- Kevin’s philosophy as a pastor
- Why an illusion is a false belief about the future
- Can mushrooms be missionaries?
- Why pure and direct experiences of spirit, light, and love are more powerful than a belief
- Is it more important that you are right or that you are being real?
- Why the light has the ability for the truth of your light to emerge
- How to enter a conversation about religion without triggering defensive systems
- Why we need to be flexible and adaptable with belief systems to continue our evolution
- Why masculinity is intimately linked with power and control
- Kevin’s advice for taking off “golden handcuffs”
- How many times do you need to experience the same thing before you realize it’s not good for you?
- “Restlessness will emerge when you’re not living with the kind of courage you need, to allow the truth of your own voice to emerge” – Kevin Sweeney
- Why what you do flows out of who you are
Connect with Kevin Sweeney:
Website | Imagine Church
Podcast | “The Church Needs Therapy”
Rising Man Links:
Instagram | @risingmanmovement
Instagram | @jeddyazuma
Facebook Group | The Rising Man