RMP 100 - Joy & Service Embolden Rising Men with Shawn Berry & Phil Gomez
Dedication and curiosity have led us to this moment – EPISODE 100! It all started with a single question – what does it mean to be a man? There is no answer, only an infinite journey that is best enjoyed with brothers. We have a special episode, featuring two powerhouse guests deeply connected to this movement – Shawn Berry and Phil Gomez. Topic of conversation includes the deep joy in serving from the heart, the importance of nature and community in initiation work, and the inevitability of challenge and heartbreak.
- A man is a cultural concept and will change depending where you go
- “I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted, and behold, service was joy.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- What it’s like to be new to men’s work
- The potency of long term relationships forged thru men’s circles
- It’s critical to share our internal dialogue with others in a safe container.
- Ceremony requires some form of discomfort, which is exactly like life itself
- A rite of passage is an induced trauma – intentionally dismantling old paradigms to invite new, higher beliefs.
- The world will constantly present an ordeal, and the only way out is thru
- The goal is to show up as your highest, most badass self and release all stored traumas.
- When no one is looking, who do you become?
- Even after initiation, we must choose manhood on a moment to moment basis.
- A man is fully engaged in his process of incorporation
- Vision quest is rooted in nature – it gives you time and space for a direct encounter with God.
- Rites of passage offer simplicity and personal authority
- The ritual of vision quest is a marriage of masculine and feminine energies.
Connect with Shawn:
Connect with Phil:
Also, connect to them both in the Rising Man Fire Circles!
Join the Rising Man Fire Circle, our online platform where men come together and put into practice all the greatness talked about on the podcast. You’ll find accountability, support, friendship, and challenges all designed to stimulate growth and healing. If you feel called to something greater, join us!