MMM #21: Back to Basics
We often get engrossed in a project or relationship and lose sight of what matters most. By taking a mini vacation and re-evaluating our direction, we gain clarity and peace of mind. When we focus on our foundation, we simplify our lives and live from our truth.
- Stepping out of routine – We don’t give ourselves the opportunity to take our heads out of the weeds long enough to see if this (relationships, job, project, or habit) is working for us.
- Vacation – means vacating our lives and realities for the purpose of reevaluating and relaxing.
- Mission driven men have a full plate of objectives to tackle. Are we being deliberate about reminding ourselves what matters most?
- What am I really here to do? What do I want with this one life that I have? What do I want to leave behind when I’m gone?
- Living for the next achievement gets in the way of living simply
- Everyone is watching everyone. The way you show up in the world is having an impact on someone, whether you realize it or not.
- Try not to over complicate your business, relationships, or exercise practice. Focus on the foundation and the most fundamental aspects.
Five pillars to getting back to basics – live a full life and give back to others
- Get the proper amount of rest/sleep
- Put the right food in your body
- Do regular physical activity
- Resolve conflicts in relationships (with self and others)
- Reduce stress levels
- What is the one self care practice from the 5 pillars that could use your attention the most? Do it for 21 days. Make the declaration specific with a clear, measurable, and actionable component.
- Share your process on The Rising Man Facebook Group
*-*-*Be on the lookout for Compass – which will be a 4 day 4 night vision quest in CA, sometime after the next Elements event in 2019.*-*-