MMM 28 - Defining Your Best
We all get to determine what “giving our best” really means, no other person can dictate that for us. It takes a great deal of honesty to accurately assess ourselves, and this honesty is vital to cultivate. Jeddy breaks down the topic in full and also teaches us why to make measurable goals.
Key Takeaways and Action Step:
How many times have you been asked the question, “Did you give it your best shot?”, and the first response that comes to mind is “Well, I could have done better.”
* Struggling at times can still be part of our “best”
Aiming for our “best” without a TARGET in site
* What are you doing to measure your results?
* How many of your goals are “unrealistic”?
The slippery slope of “settling” and mediocrity
* Not everyone was made to be EXCELLENT
* Trying to replicate or imitate someone else’s version of excellence or success is a losing game
* Most folks are just fine with ordinary…and that’s OKAY!
* It comes down to this:
* Do the results you’re creating in your life match what YOU truly want for yourself?
* What is YOUR version of EXCELLENT?
Defining Your Best
* Decide which TARGET you’re aiming for
* How will you know you’re on your game? Hitting your marks?
* S.M.A.R.T. Goals:
* Simple Measurable Achievable Relevant Time-Sensitive
* EMPHASIS on the “Achievable” part
* Avoiding “fantasy goals”
Next time you’re beating yourself up, telling yourself “I’m not good enough”, “I’m not doing enough”, “I’m not getting anywhere”
* Take a deep breath
* And ask yourself instead, “What does my BEST look like?”
* Create 5 S.M.A.R.T. goals for your 2019 Action Plan
* Choose 5 different domains of your life for each goal
* Health/Wellness, Career, Finances, Relationships, Social Life, Fun, Purpose, Spirituality
*-*-*Be on the lookout for Compass – which will be a 4 day 4 night vision quest in CA, sometime after the next Elements event in 2019.*-*-