Episode 78 - Feed What You Believe with Leon Ruri
Back for his second appearance, Leon Ruri comes on today to re-ignite our inner fires. We discuss the sacred Maori dance, called the Haka, and it’s role in helping men fully express themselves. The intentionality behind ceremonies, finding freedom, and leading with love rather than comparison are among the topics in this episode. Leon’s dedication to raising awareness around men’s mental health is highly admirable, and his drive is contagious. May this episode remind you to fiercely and frequently stand up for what you believe in.
- Why is it so important that men FULLY express themselves?
- Society wants men to be a lion in many ways, but aren’t comfortable with hearing the roar.
- There is freedom in IMPERFECTION
- What is the HAKA really about?
- The HAKA has been of great cultural importance to the Maori
- Leon is bringing the HAKA to America (Venice Beach, LA) on September 7th, link below
- Intention is ultra -important for ceremonies, such as the HAKA.
- Cultural Appropriation or Appreciation? How to exchange ideas in a respectful way
- Does someone have to go to war in order to call themselves a warrior?
- Why spend energy challenging someone over who they say they are?
- Why standing for something is stronger than standing against anything
How To Connect With Leon:
Ignite your raw masculine power as we learn the HAKA, a ceremonial Maori war dance. Be one of the 100 men to join Jeddy and former podcast guest, Leon Ruri, on Saturday September 7th in Venice Beach, LA for this one day event. Click here for more details!
The next ELEMENTS Nature Initiation will be on September 20th-22nd in Ojai CA! The next COMPASS Vision Fast will be on October 25th- November 2nd. Message Jeddy for more details!
Support the Podcast on PATREON and check out the PERKS – including access to our MONTHLY FIRE CIRCLES and a private Facebook group where we dive deep as a brotherhood. Our next call is Saturday 7/13 from 3-5 Pacific Standard Time (PST) Newcomers are welcome free of charge, message Jeddy for the link