Ceremony & Climate: Deepening Our Natural Connections
Has modern technology severed humanity’s connection with nature? Is there a way to live harmoniously with all sentient beings? Host Shawn Berry tackles these difficult questions and offers hope for a sustainable, communal society. Rites of passage and ceremony have incredibly close connections to the Earth and its cyclical nature, making this topic instrumental to men’s work. Shawn shares his reflections and insights on the meaning of climate change, ritual death, and rites of passage in this comprehensive episode.
- Is the phrase “rites of passage” often misused? What does it mean in the context of men’s work?
- How can you connect more intimately with nature?
- How did we become so disconnected from the natural world?
- Did specialization contribute to a compartmentalized society?
- What are the negative side effects of a technology driven economy?
- How can we take the positive aspects of the modern world and create a sustainable future?
- What is a ritual death and rebirth?
Rising Man Links:
Instagram || @risingmanmovement
DOJO || A 4 day, carefully crafted sequence of rigorous exercises that will challenge the limits of your mental, physical, and emotional fortitude.
Men’s Circle || Are you ready to join other men JUST LIKE YOU who have found a way to RISE ABOVE life’s challenges and create a life of purpose and fulfillment? Join our online FIRE CIRCLE!
Online Course || IGNITE is a 12 week online program designed to ignite your purpose and propel you into freedom. Features weekly calls, online modules, growth assignments, and community support!
Initiation || Compass is a 4 day 4 night Vision Fast in the wilderness, with preparation and incorporation calls in the months before and after.
YouTube || The Rising Man Movement
Dancing Bee Memorial Scholarship Fund || Supports our mission to provide young men with access to the medicine of nature, brotherhood, and transformational experiences.