“The innate caretaking side ALL MEN HAVE comes out in the birth room.”
Fathers & Birth: Serve Life’s Most Sacred Ceremony
Many men are scared of birth or think it doesn’t involve them. Dr. T’karima Ticitl shares how fathers can play an instrumental role in this sacred ceremony and show up in service to their woman. Dr. T’karima is both medically trained and indigenously informed, giving her a rare mastery of the practical and spiritual aspects of birth. We explore dynamics and principles WAY BEYOND birth, including how to balance Western medicine with tradition, how to walk in ceremony 24/7, and why community is often more like family than our blood relatives.
- Why connecting your purpose with service is ALL IMPORTANT!
- How can men support and connect with this ceremony of life?
- How to balance the science of birthing with experiential and native wisdom.
- Do men get caught up in the logistical aspects of birth?
- Why birth workers CANNOT replace the role of the father.
- Dispelling the myth that home births are only for the wealthy.
- The importance of men sharing their experience of birth.
- Does the birth process scare men?
- How Native American spiritual principles connect with Dr. T’karima’s work.
- Ways to instill principles and values into young children.
- How to balance western medicine, ideas, and philosophies with tradition.
Connect with Dr. T’karima Ticitl:
Instagram || @cihuapahtlimc In the NJ/NY area and looking for birth support? Reach out!
Book || “Birth Is A Ceremony”
Rising Man Links:
Instagram || @risingmanmovement
DOJO || A 4 day, carefully crafted sequence of rigorous exercises that will challenge the limits of your mental, physical, and emotional fortitude.
Men’s Circles || Are you ready to join other men JUST LIKE YOU who have found a way to RISE ABOVE life’s challenges and create a life of purpose and fulfillment? Join our online FIRE CIRCLE!
Online Course || IGNITE is a 12 week online program designed to ignite your purpose and propel you into freedom. Features weekly calls, online modules, growth assignments, and community support!
Initiation – Vision Fast || Compass is a 4 day 4 night Vision Fast in the wilderness, with preparation and incorporation calls in the months before and after.
YouTube || The Rising Man Movement
Dancing Bee Memorial Scholarship Fund || Supports our mission to provide young men with access to the medicine of nature, brotherhood, and transformational experiences.