Episode 23: Reflections on Fatherhood
Topping off Father’s Month here in June, I decided to step back in front of the mic for a solo episode. In this one, I share my 5 biggest realizations in fatherhood thus far – including the difference between rules and boundaries, slowing down for the teachable moments, and the importance of passing on values. I also answered a couple of questions about fatherhood from men in The Rising Man Facebook Group.
- The difference between boys and men: values and choices
- Top 5 BIGGEST Realizations on Fatherhood
- Slowing down for the teachable moments
- It is NOT about me!
- Rules vs. Boundaries – one of the MOST important distinctions to make
- Raising children: Actions are GREATER than Words
- The importance of passing on values
- Questions from the Rising Men
- If, When, and How do you plan on taking your son on a Rites of Passage? (courtesy of Spencer Raymond Madden)
- How do you balance spending time during the most influential time of their lives (the first 7 years) with earning money and providing for them? (courtesy of Drew Drake)