RMP 099 - Man's Essence Urges To Serve with Sarah Poet
Today’s guest is the wise Sarah Poet, who brings her unique perspective forged from mothering a son, holding space for couples, and coaching men, to the podcast. Men’s circles are potent and vital, but there is also a major role for women to play in this masculine empowerment process. We talk about why emasculation is commonplace, how to serve the feminine, and simple love advice to shift all your relations. Sarah’s extensive understanding of masculine/feminine dynamics and her soulful, loving nature make this a memorable episode.
- A man embodies honor, especially towards women. A boy is learning, playing, and defending.
- Why humans seek leadership positions in order to feel powerful.
- Authority and power games – Why I am giving this person/situation/group my power?
- Leading with curiosity – the best way to approach conversations around gender dynamics.
- What’s after men’s work? How do we come together and connect the conversation?
- No one has this male/female empowerment thing figured out completely
- Why emasculating a man is a common dynamic
- How “small” comments around shame & performance from early childhood can show up in adulthood.
- How the “performance first” mindset in our education system is damaging
- Her experience as an educator, including those in holistic, male only schools.
- What is the Mothering Wound? A long standing traditional belief/line of thought and emotion that both disrespects and leans on men.
- Masculine Love is Being of Service – men want to be acknowledged for bringing value
- Praising men for who they are, not what they do.
- All of this work starts with the nervous system, the body, and the breath
- “Just hold the space” – simple love advice for men
- Do you need to have healed all your wounds in order to be in relationship?
- Why urgency can destroy a relationship before it starts
- Healing is not a checklist, it is an ongoing process and dance
- Collective development requires that we increase our patience, curiosity, and willingness to be wrong
- Keep being real, keep showing, as we are undoing generations of shadow programming
Connect with Sarah:
Website: Yourembodiedbreath.com – Sacred Remembering coaching for men, women, and couples.
Facebook – Sarah Poet
Her TedEx speech drops later this month, it’s about integrating the sacred masculine and feminine within each of us. Follow her on social media to catch it!
She also writes for The Good Men Project
Join the Rising Man Fire Circle, our online platform where men come together and put into practice all the greatness talked about on the podcast. You’ll find accountability, support, friendship, and challenges all designed to stimulate growth and healing. If you feel called to something greater, join us!