“Take inventory and let what doesn’t serve die off”
Celestial Sunset: Harness Winter’s Potential
What unique medicine does Winter offer our hearts and souls? Recorded in the bitter cold woods of Indiana, Host Shawn Berry shares the spirit of the season straight from the source in this episode of First Nature. There’s planetary guidance available to those willing to slow down and appreciate their humble role in the Grand Scheme. Listen in as Shawn offers inspiration for tapping into the Winter ethos and growing by recuperating.
- [05:58] Can you appreciate Nature even in the most subtle ways like smell and temperature?
- [07:31] Why do we honor the Winter Solstice?
- [12:40] How this time calls for rest, recuperation, and recharge.
- [17:01] Does Winter inspire a conservation ethic?
- [20:32] Why Winter and Death are comparable
- [24:01] Can you lean deeper into the resting energy of the season?
- [29:31] What does it mean to be an Earthling?
- [32:03] What can we learn from Native American ways of life?
- [37:00] How to implement small practices to tap into the Winter flow.
Rising Man Links:
Instagram || @risingmanmovement
DOJO || A 4 day, carefully crafted sequence of rigorous exercises that will challenge the limits of your mental, physical, and emotional fortitude.
Men’s Circles || Are you ready to join other men JUST LIKE YOU who have found a way to RISE ABOVE life’s challenges and create a life of purpose and fulfillment? Join our online FIRE CIRCLE!
Online Course || IGNITE is a 12 week online program designed to ignite your purpose and propel you into freedom. Features weekly calls, online modules, growth assignments, and community support!
Initiation – Vision Fast || Compass is a 4 day 4 night Vision Fast in the wilderness, with preparation and incorporation calls in the months before and after.
YouTube || The Rising Man Movement
Dancing Bee Memorial Scholarship Fund || Supports our mission to provide young men with access to the medicine of nature, brotherhood, and transformational experiences.