“The more unsafe the world feels the more I lean into what’s comfortable, which feeds into the systems that got us here.”
Can Playing It Small Serve The World?
The concept of taking massive action and rocking the world is all the rage these days. But is that actually leading to transformation? Big swings often miss, lead to burnout, or come from a willingness to be seen. Can you take pride and make an impact in the small actions? In this episode of First Nature, Shawn Berry shares his heartfelt roadmap to embodying the changes you wish to see. Listen in to learn how an addiction to convenience is ruinous, why modeling nature can help bring harmony, and ways to connect more deeply with nature.
- [06:39] Does playing it small serve the world?
- [09:42] Is there such a thing as playing too big?
- [13:28] How to find BALANCE between making big plays and taking small actions.
- [17:19] Can you mimic nature and embody sustainability?
- [21:07] Where are you addicted to convenience?
- [24:15] How community fits into a first nature lifestyle.
- [28:30] What if you shared your small impactful decisions on social media?
- [31:21] Can you get out into nature today and spend meaningful time?
- [32:19] Take notice in the morning – the dawn chorus of birds has been going nonstop for millions of years!
Rising Man Links:
Instagram || @risingmanmovement
DOJO || A 4 day, carefully crafted sequence of rigorous exercises that will challenge the limits of your mental, physical, and emotional fortitude.
Men’s Circles || Are you ready to join other men JUST LIKE YOU who have found a way to RISE ABOVE life’s challenges and create a life of purpose and fulfillment? Join our online FIRE CIRCLE!
Online Course || IGNITE is a 12 week online program designed to ignite your purpose and propel you into freedom. Features weekly calls, online modules, growth assignments, and community support!
Initiation – Vision Fast || Compass is a 4 day 4 night Vision Fast in the wilderness, with preparation and incorporation calls in the months before and after.
YouTube || The Rising Man Movement
Dancing Bee Memorial Scholarship Fund || Supports our mission to provide young men with access to the medicine of nature, brotherhood, and transformational experiences.